If you were anywhere on Twitter this past week, you surely know that the super fun Leigh Ann Kopans (@LeighAnnKopans) just released her debut novel, ONE. It’s been climbing all the Amazon charts, and has debuted with a smashing success! So excited for Leigh Ann. 😀
My luck pool has been filling up of late, and recently it splashed over the edges to land me a copy of my own. Woo hoo for me, because it’s been on my TBR list since I first read the pitch:
When having two powers makes you a Super and having none
makes you a Normal, having only one makes you a sad half-superpowered freak.
It makes you a One.
Sixteen-year-old Merrin Grey would love to be able to fly –
too bad all she can do is hover.
If she could just land an internship at the Biotech Hub, she
might finally figure out how to fix herself. She busts her butt in AP Chem and
salivates over the Hub’s research on the manifestation of superpowers, all in
hopes of boosting her chances.
Then she meets Elias VanDyne, another One, and all her
carefully crafted plans fly out the window. Literally. When the two of them
touch, their Ones combine to make them fly, and when they’re not soaring over
the Nebraska cornfields, they’re busy falling for each other.
Merrin’s mad chemistry skills land her a spot on the Hub’s
internship short list, but as she gets closer to the life she always wanted,
she discovers that the Hub’s purpose is more sinister than it has always
seemed. Now it’s up to her to decide if it’s more important to fly solo, or to
save everything – and everyone – she loves.
And now woo hoo for you, because I’m going to give away the copy I was planning to buy! WOO HOO!!
So if you want to win a copy of ONE, just leave a comment, and I’ll enter you into the drawing. Spread the word in any way (twitter, facebook, blog post, sidebar, word-of-mouth, etc.), and I’ll give you +5 extra entries. Just tell me what you did (or will do) in your comment. No need for a link, I trust you. 😉 Important: Please leave me a way to contact you, should you win.
Enter by Saturday, June 22nd, and I’ll announce the winner on Monday, June 24th. Good luck!
Speak up: 9 comments
| TAGS: Giveaway
, Luck Pool
, ONE by Leigh Ann Kopans
After multiple requests that I share my luck, I feel that Christopher at Notes From the Underground has the right idea about sharing the secret of building your own ‘Luck Pool.’
It’s the whole teach-a-man-to-fish idea. And since I won’t always be there to send my extra lucky vibes to everyone, you better build your own.
So here are the instructions.*
- Identify a body part that you think is unique or the bees knees (and please don’t tell me where it is . . . I’m not sure I want to know). Ex: Double-jointed thumbs; A second toe that’s longer than the first; Those pointy-tipped ears; Whatever.
- Dip that spot in green ink. Don’t wash it off. Just let it wear off on its own. (I still recommend that you shower and stuff like that, because otherwise, that’s just gross. Just don’t TRY to scrub it off)
- Build up good karma. Ex: Hug a tree; Put coins into expired meters (just make sure there’s a car there . . . and I think you get bonus karma if you see a meter maid nearby); Refrain from yelling cuss words at the jerk who cuts you off; . . . you get the idea.
- Find a four-leaf clover. I know, you’re scoffing at this, thinking ‘that’s just an old wives tale,’ but I found one when I was a kid. And look at my luck. Just sayin’.
- Wait for the bounties to shower down upon you. They typically come in threes, so don’t greedily be expecting more once you get them. You have to let the luck build back up.
And voila, you are the proud owner of your very own ‘Luck Pool.’ Go and use it wisely.
*The writer of this blog makes no promises for the effectiveness of each individual ‘Luck Pool’ that is created and cannot be held accountable in the case that the ‘Luck Pool’ is defective or in rare, unfortunate cases actually decreases a person’s luck. Should you choose to follow the instructions, you do so at your own risk, and shall be solely responsible for any undesirable effects that may be produced.
Speak up: 14 comments
| TAGS: fish
, Luck Pool
, Notes From the Underground