More Than a Writer
Lately it feels like writing and its appendages (i.e. blogging, reading, plotting, etc.) have taken up so much of my life. It’s so easy to let writing consume me. Doesn’t matter what I’m doing, my mind is with my book: trying to fix that wrinkle in Chapter 13 or wondering if I’ve really caught the essence of the argument between my MC and love interest, or is that first sentence a good enough hook. Well you get the idea.
Every now and then, I have to remind myself that I’m more than a writer. And that believe it or not, I have other talents. So here is my reminder list:
Five Random Talents (not connected to writing)
- I am a pro at Diaper Ball. Seriously. Michael Jordanette. Any angle, any shot, *swoosh!* Two points, in the trash . . . er, I mean basket.
- I can pour 6 oz. in a bottle without measuring. In my sleep, too. I know! Impressive, right?
- I make a mean spaghetti sauce. Mean. You should taste it.
- I can remember the price of every single item in my grocery cart. Yep. About every other shopping trip, I find a mistake, so they get a runner to check the price. Not to brag, but I’m always right. Very useful.
- I can carry a baby, diaper bag, purse, bag full of library books, and ten bags of groceries up 3 flights of stairs, AND unlock the door without dropping anything. Isn’t taking a second trip back down and up an easier option, you ask? That’s besides the point. 🙂
So what are your random talents?
Leave a Reply