So I popped off for NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month), and then the boat left the dock without me, and I missed all of December. Family and Writing (Well, revising, but same whatever).
My writing space
Anyway, it’s the new year, and we’ve had the discussion of Resolutions vs. Goals, so today I’m listing a few GOALS (nothing so wishy-washy as a resolution for me, thank you very much!).
1. Write 5 days a week. I don’t write on Sundays, and I need some leeway for the other 6 (I’m all about not feeling cramped). However, to keep myself from the path of insanity, I’m adding this: I get a smiley face for as little as ONE page (written or revised). For the record, I usually do more, but this keeps my mind free from feeling weighed down by the burden of it. It lets me enjoy. Oh yeah! And I’m giving myself 1 month of vacation, too. It’s only fair. Yeah I’m weird. But I’m totally owning this.
2. Finish revising my 2 WIPS (Works in Progress). After spending all of November and December revising, I am confident this is doable. (Assuming I really stick to goal #1). 😉
3. Finish a first draft of a new book. I have the book in mind, and it’s actually started. I can do this. I can!
4. Write at least two picture books. I wanted to just say one. But I want to push myself a bit. Plus, after my September class, I’m really excited to do this. It might be a summer thing, but I have at least one idea ready to be developed. And just maybe I’ll take that class again to help me along. J
5. Attend at least one writing conference. Okay, I’m taking the easy way out here, because I’m all signed up for LDStorymakers in May. But we all need at least one gimmee, right?
And I think I’ll stop there because all of that will keep me plenty busy. So how about you? What are your goals (writing or not)?